Certain Remedies prescribed against those Dark and Horrid Harms with which Devils may Afflict Men. Yet again we reserve our judgement in discussing the remedies against certain injuries to the fruits of the earth, which are caused by canker-worms, or by huge flights of locusts and other insects which cover vast areas of [...]
Archive | June, 2008
Remedies prescribed against Hailstorms, and for Animals that are Bewitched. With regard to the remedies for betwitched animals, and charms against tempests, we must first note some unlawful remedies which are practised by certain people. For these are done by means of superstitious words or actions; as when men cure the worms in [...]
Prescribed Remedies; to wit, the Lawful Exorcisms of the Church, for all Sorts of Infirmities and Ills due to Witchcraft; and the Method of Exorcising those who are Bewitched. It has already been stated that witches can afflict men with every kind of physical infirmity; therefore it can be taken as a general [...]
Prescribed Remedies for those who are Obsessed owing to some Spell. We have shown in Chapter X of the preceding Question that sometimes devils, through witchcraft, substantially inhabit certain men, and why they do this: namely, that it may be for some grave crime of the man himself, and for his own ultimate [...]
Remedies prescribed for those who by Prestidigitative Art have lost their Virile Members or have seemingly been Transformed into the Shapes of Beasts. In what has already been written it has clearly enough been shown the remedies which are available for the relief of those who are deluded by a glamour, and think [...]
Remedies prescribed for those who are Bewitched by being Inflamed with Inordinate Love or Extraordinary Hatred. Just as the generative faculty can be bewitched, so can inordinate love or hatred be caused in the human mind. First we shall consider the cause of this, and then, as far as possible, the remedies. Philocaption, [...]
Remedies prescribed for Those who are Bewitched by the Limitation of the Generative Power. Although far more women are witches than men, as was shown in the First Part of the work, yet men are more often bewitched than women. And the reason for this lies in the fact that God allows the [...]
The Remedies prescribed by the Holy Church against Incubus and Succubus Devils. In the foregoing chapters on the First Question we have treated of the methods of bewitching men, animals and the fruits of the earth, and especially of the behaviour of witches in their own persons; how they seduce young girls in [...]
THE METHODS OF DESTROYING AND CURING WITCHCRAFT Introduction, wherein is Set Forth the Difficulty of this Question. Is it lawful to remove witchcraft by means of further witchcraft, or by any other forbidden means? It is argued that it is not; for it has already been shown that in the Second Book of [...]
Of Three Ways in which Mean and Women may be Discovered to be Addicted to Witchcraft: Divided into Three Heads: and First of the Witchcraft of Archers. For our present purpose the last class of witchcraft is that which is practised in three forms by men; and first we must consider the seven [...]
- Witch Hunts In Papua New Guinea Linked To Jealousy June 11, 2013
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Web Site Hacks March 8, 2009
- Lynn: Hi and thank you for sharing this book. I have jus...
- Danilo V.Donor: Hope that Tinctor's Manual be available to public...
- Portia: Nothing in the media though of the secret witch tr...
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...