A recent article by Carol Gibson on Examiner.com, titled “When did women become subjects of a lesser god, and what about now?”, mentions the Malleus Maleficarum in relation to comments about Women’s Equality Day (Aug 26) which commemorates the passage of the 19th Amendment, the Woman Suffrage Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which gave U.S. […]
Archive | August, 2009
In his book, The Demon-Haunted World, author and scientist Carl Sagan had this to say about the Malleus Maleficarum; Innocent commended “Our dear sons Henry Kramer and James Sprenger,” who “have been by Letters Apostolic delegated as Inquisitors of these heretical [de]pravities” If “the abominations and enormities in question remain unpunished,” the souls of multitudes […]
There is an interesting article by Sandra Miesel on the blog EndrTimes which discusses the Inquisition, the “Burning Times” and the often exaggerated numbers of victims who perished during the “witch craze”. It provides a lot of historical context to the Inquisition and the Malleus’ roll in prosecuting those of accused of witchcraft. I highly […]
Around here we like indulging in theoretical exercises. Perhaps that’s an occupational hazard when you host a web site for an Inquisitor’s handbook. But in keeping with that tradition, we’ve recently created a Malleus Maleficarum group on Facebook. Since our forum scripts were such a disaster (overrun almost immediately by spammers), we thought perhaps discussion […]
You may have noticed while doing Google searches pertaining to the Malleus that Google has flagged our domain with the warning; “This site may harm your computer.” Well, that’s just not true, so you can stop worrying about it. What happened was that someone found an exploit in a WordPress theme that we were using […]
We’ve tracked down and removed the malicious code that some loser managed to slip into our main WordPress files. The loser in question found a way to insert an iframe tag that linked to something that was posted at web-analizer.net. If you got a virus from our web site, it was through this malicious code. […]
Interview by Joanna Weiss Boston Globe August 2, 2009 Harry Potter should be glad he practices his wizarding in the modern world. European sorcerers had a much less pleasant time of things in 1486, when the Malleus Maleficarum – “The Hammer of Witches” – was first published. The lengthy tome was medieval Europe’s definitive guide […]
FROM OUR TWITTER FEED
- Congo’s “Child Witches” are Being Exorcised October 19, 2015
- Zimbabwean Woman Burnt Alive in South Africa March 23, 2015
- Albinos in Tanzania Killed “Like Animals” So Their Body Parts Can Be Used In Witchcraft December 16, 2014
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Orelia Manjani: I am looking for the rare book of witchcraft...
- EddCast 06: Blood Moon 2015: Total Eclipse of the Supermoon | Stephanie Edd: […] On Lunatics, Part I Question V, Malleus ...
- Creature Feature: Succubi, Incubi and Their Lusty Cousins | Elle McKay: […] with most demons, however, exorcism was ...
NEWSLETTER / UPDATES
Send us your e-mail address to receive our handy newsletter and updates.