March 12, 2012 4:44 PM Letter to the editor, JDNews.com. The Republican war on women’s health culminated, in 2011, with nearly 1,000 anti-abortion bills in state legislatures and continual attacks on the federal level — especially against Planned Parenthood. Criminalizing contraception has always been a goal. The war on contraception is war against […]
Archive | March, 2012
The 1,600 citizens of a Scottish village called Pittenweem, Fife, are taking part in a controversial “referendum” on whether they want a memorial to witches who were tortured and killed by vengeful mobs in the early 18th Century and where such a memorial should be. At least 26 “witches” were tortured and 18 […]
The Malleus Maleficarum (Latin for “The Hammer of Witches”, or “Hexenhammer” in German) is one of the most famous medieval treatises on witches. It was written in 1486 by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger, and was first published in Germany in 1487. Its main purpose was to challenge all arguments against the existence of witchcraft and to instruct magistrates on how to identify, interrogate and convict witches.
Some modern scholars believe that Jacob Sprenger contributed little if anything to the work besides his name, but the evidence to support this is weak. Both men were members of the Dominican Order and Inquisitors for the Catholic Church. They submitted the Malleus Maleficarum to the University of Cologne’s Faculty of Theology on May 9, 1487, seeking its endorsement.
- Surat, India – Widow Branded As A Witch, Beaten November 12, 2013
- 4 Mental Patients Killed in Ndola, Zambia for Practicing Witchcraft October 14, 2013
- Indian Woman Lynched on Suspicion of Practicing Witchcraft September 20, 2013
- Zambia Civil Servants Flee Village for Fear of Witchcraft July 22, 2013
- Witch Hunts In Papua New Guinea Linked To Jealousy June 11, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Web Site Hacks March 8, 2009
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- Danielle: Where is the passage with the priest who is now be...
- bloodrayne37: it is a shame that these people were sentensed to ...
- Lynn: Hi and thank you for sharing this book. I have jus...
- Danilo V.Donor: Hope that Tinctor's Manual be available to public...
- Portia: Nothing in the media though of the secret witch tr...