March 12, 2012 4:44 PM Letter to the editor, JDNews.com. The Republican war on women’s health culminated, in 2011, with nearly 1,000 anti-abortion bills in state legislatures and continual attacks on the federal level — especially against Planned Parenthood. Criminalizing contraception has always been a goal. The war against women is rooted in Genesis 3:16, [...]
Archive | March, 2012
The 1,600 citizens of a Scottish village called Pittenweem, Fife, are taking part in a controversial “referendum” on whether they want a memorial to witches who were tortured and killed by vengeful mobs in the early 18th Century and where such a memorial should be. At least 26 “witches” were tortured and 18 of them [...]
The Malleus Maleficarum (Latin for “The Hammer of Witches”, or “Hexenhammer” in German) is one of the most famous medieval treatises on witches. It was written in 1486 by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger, and was first published in Germany in 1487. Its main purpose was to challenge all arguments against the existence of witchcraft and to instruct magistrates on how to identify, interrogate and convict witches.
Some modern scholars believe that Jacob Sprenger contributed little if anything to the work besides his name, but the evidence to support this is weak. Both men were members of the Dominican Order and Inquisitors for the Catholic Church. They submitted the Malleus Maleficarum to the University of Cologne’s Faculty of Theology on May 9, 1487, seeking its endorsement.
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...