An article posted to the Islands Business web site is worth a look. Islands Business International is a multimedia publishing company based in Suva, Fiji, and is the premier publishing group in the Pacific Islands region. Fiji is justly concerned that a fellow member country of the Pacific Islands Forum has a problem with people [...]
About WicastaDepending upon whom you ask, Wicasta Lovelace is a musician, author, artist, web designer and/or delusional lunatic. Which one he is at any given moment depends upon the day of the week, really. Wicasta is currently working on a new novel, recording music with his band, Windhaven, and raising money to fund a film about Independent music.
Author Archive | Wicasta
It’s clearly impossible to keep track of all the places where our files and text have been pilfered and presented elsewhere as original works by other authors. But occasionally we’re made aware of a new one, or reminded of an old one, and bristle and complain bitterly over our morning coffee. Yes, we occasionally get [...]
After much consideration, we decided to go ahead and create a Twitter account. There are a lot of good reasons for and against it, but in the end we decided to do it because so many articles are coming out of Africa right now detailing attack after attack upon people suspected of witchcraft. It is [...]
A very rare 1582 edition of the Malleus Maleficarum is for sale on eBay. This volume was printed in Frankfurt, Germany and contains 704 pages plus an index. In this rare edition the Malleus Maleficarum was bundled with other works on the subject of witchcraft. If you’re interested, the book is complete with an index at [...]
INDIA – A mother named Neelu, 25, and her three-year-old son were burned to death on April 2, 2013 in Pandhurna in Chhindwara district. They had been accused of practicing witchcraft by their neighbors, who suspected that the woman was a tonhi (sorceress). Their accusations resulted in the neighbors beating Neelu before they poured kerosene [...]
PETAUKE, ZAMBIA - Two elderly people have been axed to death in the Eastern Province of Zambia on suspicion of practicing witchcraft. Police Public Relations Officer Ms. Elizabeth Kanjela announced that Phanele Lupiya aged 63 of Chakumanika Village in Petauke was axed to death by her nephew, Lovemore Mwanza, aged 30 of the same village. “The [...]
The witch hunters have been busy this week. Reports of attacks came in from Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda. Kenya: Gang Burns Houses Over Witchcraft Allegations Fifteen family members of the Talai clan in Nandi County, Kenya are camping at a church after attackers who accused them of being witches torched their houses. Seven houses were [...]
A LEGO aficionado named Brick Vader is displaying a LEGO textural study in his medieval witchhunting diorama, titled “Malleus Maleficarum”. The diorama is rather well done, even if it is a little disturbing that a terrible period of history has become fodder for a LEGO diorama. The surprise studs in the forward segments of the wall [...]
One of many such stories. The photograph accompanying this article was taken in 2013. Or 2012 at the earliest. This is not ancient history. What follows are excerpts from an article at The Global Mail about Papua New Guinea, where belief in black magic persists and women are blamed, accused of sorcery and branded as [...]
Long time visitors to the web site may have noticed our recent redesign. We were way overdue for a makeover and decided that the web site needed to be much friendlier to mobile devices, so we knocked out two birds with one stone. We’re proud of the new design. It’s painfully straightforward and simple. But [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...