We came across a nice write-up about the Malleus Maleficarum on About.com by Jone Johnson Lewis. It provides a nice summation of the Malleus Maleficarum, along with extra information to give it some historical context. We very much liked the content and structure of the article, and highly recommend to anyone who, due to course [...]
About WicastaDepending upon whom you ask, Wicasta Lovelace is a musician, author, artist, web designer and/or delusional lunatic. Which one he is at any given moment depends upon the day of the week, really. Wicasta is currently working on a new novel, recording music with his band, Windhaven, and raising money to fund a film about Independent music.
Author Archive | Wicasta
Perhaps the most disturbing part of a story out of Abuja, Nigeria is that of one Auta Yako, 50, of Kugbo Market. The Karu Senior Magistrates’ Court on Monday convicted Mr. Yako for being a wizard and inciting public disturbance. The prosecutor, Francis Udofia, a police corporal, told the court that Mr. Yako had confessed openly [...]
On January 12th, 2013 in Jamshedpur, India, a man walked into the Rajnagar police station with the severed head of his 60-year-old sister-in-law and surrendered it, himself and the axe he used to kill the woman with to police in the Murumdih village in Jharkhand’s Seraikela-Kharswan district. Identified as Bagit, also known as Diku Mardi, [...]
It always surprises us when people vent their anger over the Malleus Maleficarum at those of us involved with this web site. We understand that the Malleus is a disturbing work and that there are a lot of people who are still irritated over the Inquisition and The Burning Times. But the fact remains, we [...]
A rare copy of the medieval manuscript Invectives Against the Sect of Waldensians, which, alongside the later published Malleus Maleficarum, detailed how to recognize, question, torture and burn witches, is possibly being resurrected at the University of Alberta. The originally miscatalogued book is one of only four copies in the world, with the other three housed in libraries [...]
Between 1642 and 1693, at least 40 people in the colony of Connecticut were tried as witches. The historical record indicates that at least 10 of them were hanged. In 1647 the state hung a Windsor woman named Alse Young, who was the first accused witch executed in New England. Most of those who were [...]
Author Jessica Valenti referenced the Malleus Maleficarum in her article on The Nation’s web site last September 24, 2012. The article was titled Feminism’s War on Penises and examined the lunacy of people like Rush Limbaugh, who responded to an Italian study that reports penises are 10 percent smaller than they were fifty years ago [...]
After recent revelations from pop starlet Kesha that she had sex with a ghost (most likely a publicity stunt, what with Halloween coming up soon), we thought maybe we should look at what the Malleus Maleficarum has to say about the possibility of having sex with incorporeal spirits and demons. First, though, let’s look at [...]
After our many recent problems with Google, we wound up taking a closer look at Bing. I’d heard that Bing was getting its act together after a somewhat shaky start, and that a lot of the people who used Bing now swore by it. Since my primary business is helping clients build web sites and adapt to [...]
Our never-ending sparring with Google seems to be as problematic as ever. We mentioned on our Facebook page a week or so ago that we had noticed our web traffic at MalleusMaleficarum.org had suddenly plummeted. While none of our users reported any problems, you don’t just suddenly lose hundreds of daily visits without a reason. [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...