Extreme violence and abuse is common against older women in Tanzania due to allegations of witchcraft. According to the Tanzania Legal and Human Rights Centre, between 2004 and 2009 more than 2,585 older women were killed in eight regions of the country because of alleged witchcraft. Although Tanzania has ratified the Convention on the Elimination [...]
About WicastaDepending upon whom you ask, Wicasta Lovelace is a musician, author, artist, web designer and/or delusional lunatic. Which one he is at any given moment depends upon the day of the week, really. Wicasta is currently working on a new novel, recording music with his band, Windhaven, and raising money to fund a film about Independent music.
Author Archive | Wicasta
We’ve had some frustration of late with finding a mobile solution to accommodate those good folks who use the Malleus Maleficarum web site on mobile devices. The basic problem has been finding a decent theme that does everything we want it to do. So far the options have been between simple, utilitarian themes that function like they’re [...]
NEPAL: Relatives of a woman in the Padaul village, in the Mahottari district of south-eastern Nepal, have been torturing her for the past four years on the charge of practicing witchcraft. Kari Yadav of Ward No. 2 of the VDC said relatives of Chadrakala Devi, 35, thrashed and boycotted her for the past four years [...]
A nice 1969 edition of the Malleus Maleficarum by The Folio Society is for sale on eBay. Near fine condition. Housed in original slipcase. Full cloth fine binding with flames on both front and rear cover. Illustrated two color title page and many woodcuts of demons tricking people, witches, and other occult images. 10 x [...]
A woman suspected of practicing witchcraft was murdered and her body burned over the weekend in the Colombian town of Santa Barbara. The naked body of María Berenice Martínez, 47, was found inside her house with blows to the skull, her hair ripped out and apparetly set afire. The killers had tied the door shut with a [...]
I try not to insert politics into the discussions here at the Malleus Maleficarum web site. People are passionate about what they believe, and it rarely goes well for anybody. But someone pointed out that a t-shirt we recently posted to the store could be perceived as a comment upon what some consider to be [...]
Due to a server configuration error, we recently ran afoul of Google and discovered that the web site had been removed entirely from their search index. So if you’ve searched for us and come up with nothing, that’s why. We were in a time-out. We made adjustments and the web site is showing up in [...]
We have been soundly confused about the reaction to some of our recent changes around the web site. Admittedly, we floundered a bit when we went searching for a new theme for the web site and made some clear mistakes with some of the themes we tried. But when we settled on our current theme, [...]
Police in Kaloleni, Kenya have launched a manhunt for a gang of men who are believed to have killed three Elders in the small African village. The three men, ages ranging between 60 and 65, were hacked to death with machetes after being accused of practicing witchcraft. Kaloleni DC Fredrick Ayieko described the gang as “professional [...]
We were alerted to a wonderful chart that was posted to the Lapham’s Quarterly web site. Lapham’s Quarterly is an excellent magazine of history and ideas. The chart they posted is a handy reference flowchart that details how to “avoid the ultimate punishment with this guide from the 1486 witch-hunting manual, the Malleus Maleficarum“. Needless [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...