Dr. Christopher Mackay, noted scholar and author of “The Hammer of Witches”, a modern translation of the Malleus Maleficarum, wrote just before Christmas and let us know about an interview he did about the Malleus Maleficarum on “paranormal” radio show on December 16th. From the web site: Come join us and our guest Christopher Mackay [...]
About WicastaDepending upon whom you ask, Wicasta Lovelace is a musician, author, artist, web designer and/or delusional lunatic. Which one he is at any given moment depends upon the day of the week, really. Wicasta is currently working on a new novel, recording music with his band, Windhaven, and raising money to fund a film about Independent music.
Author Archive | Wicasta
A John Rodker 1928 edition of the Malleus Maleficarum is being sold on eBay for $224.99. If you have disposable income and would like to own a hardcopy version of the Malleus, or you would just like to look at some cool pictures of a fairly rare book, I encourage you to swing by eBay and take [...]
by Sam de Brito There are lots of scary books in the world, with almost anything written by Stephen King or Sarah Palin pretty much unreadable if you’re afraid of the dark and camping somewhere isolated. Of course, there’s another type of scary: certain “holy” books that, in my opinion, people do themselves an injustice [...]
by Hrafnkell Haraldsson October 22, 2010 Excerpts: You too could be a witch. All it takes is an accusation. Why is it as the year 2010 draws to a close that we find ourselves talking about Witchcraft? I don’t mean Wicca, the religion that sees historical witchcraft as survivals of ancient Pagan religion, but of [...]
In a very entertaining article, author Richard Jeffrey Newman explores some of the issues and subject matter involved in the Malleus Maleficarum, using a contemporary example of a man who has lost his penis (to a witch) to get the article rolling, and following with a more serious discussion. I recommend it for a fresh perspective on [...]
A 1928 edition of the Malleus Maleficarum has popped up on eBay again. This is the edition of the Malleus which was translated by Rev. Montague Summers, and which we have posted here on this web site in its entirety. This edition was published by John Rodker and was printed on Dutch paper. According to [...]
I stumbled across references in the Landover Baptist Church forums about the Malleus Maleficarum. If you’re not familiar with Landover Baptist Church, rest assured that it’s a parody of fundamentalist churches and the Religious Right. What makes this web site so poignant is that the issues that are parodied are often indistinguishable from the real [...]
September 19th is National Talk Like A Pirate Day. For that day, the Malleus Maleficarum will be converted to Pirate speak. So don’t be surprised if you go there and find that the entire text of this diabolical work suddenly has been invested with an extra swagger that it didn’t have before. Hopefully we won’t [...]
by Ana the Imp She was no ordinary succubus. Late into the night Through cold, electric clouds She flew with broken wings On currents kindled by dreams. And finally, descending upon His yearning body, she whispered: “I’m late, my love, but tender is the morning.” I have before me my copy of the Malleus Maleficarum [...]
You may have noticed that we added a store to the Malleus Maleficarum Online web site. This was done only after long deliberation. We’ve never wanted to be seen as capitalizing on our work here (although quite a few others have had no qualms about selling our work for themselves). The unpleasant reality, however, is [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...