This is an interesting take on the Inquisition and the role of the Malleus Maleficarum at a blog titled “Diary of an Alien Life Form“. Whether or not you agree with it, the ideas presented make for some interesting conversation. It’s easy to forget that during the time of the Malleus Maleficarum and the Inquisition, [...]
About WicastaDepending upon whom you ask, Wicasta Lovelace is a musician, author, artist, web designer and/or delusional lunatic. Which one he is at any given moment depends upon the day of the week, really. Wicasta is currently working on a new novel, recording music with his band, Windhaven, and raising money to fund a film about Independent music.
Author Archive | Wicasta
The first English translation of the 1489 edition of the Malleus Maleficarum, which was translated by the Rev. Montague Summers, is being auctioned on eBay. This is the edition which we have replicated here on this web site. If you’re a book collector and have an interest in The Inquisition or the Occult, this is [...]
National Geographic For the first time ever, an international investigation team joins forces to unravel the mysteries of the Malleus Maleficarum, or Hammer of Witches. Written in 1486, this infamous medieval manual changed the way the Western world saw evil. With detailed instructions on how to find, prosecute and punish witches, the Malleus inspired centuries [...]
[From an article by Cody Liska, featured in Insight Magazine, that mentions the Malleus Maleficarum] In a dimly lit cave, a sorority of witches stands around a bubbling cauldron, cackling as they await the witching hour. Their faces are lousy with sores and their breath putrid with death. Behind their abysmally black eyes, the devil [...]
I came across an interesting article on a Blog post, which cites the Malleus Maleficarum and author Carl Sagan, among other sources, to examine some of the issues behind the Malleus and the Inquisition. It makes for an interesting read. Excerpts; With no separation of Church or State (they were essentially one and the same) [...]
I came across a bizarre performance by the Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band in Mount Pleasant, North Carolina, titled “Malleus Maleficarum: The Witches’ Hammer”. It’s benign enough, except for the one part where a “witch” gets caught within a tightening circle, and then the band forms into something resembling a hammer. I’m sure nothing [...]
We’re aware of the injection of malicious code into our pages, and hope our users realize that we’re actively fighting it. At the moment, this is almost a daily routine with us. This web site, as well as my personal web site, are the targets of repeated attacks, apparently exploiting a hole in the security [...]
We’ve recently stumbled onto another way of perceiving the influence of the Malleus Maleficarum, by observing its position using Google’s Timeline. I highly recommend taking a look at the work through the prism of this Google tool. If nothing else, it shows us how many of the documents on the Internet that are related to [...]
You may have noticed that the Malleus Maleficarum is back online. We’ve tentatively put our files back on the server, gambling that the issues that faced us in the last few months with the root access server hacks have finally been corrected by our host provider. The server has been hack free for several weeks [...]
[This article from the Sierra Times Herald in Arizona by police Lt. Jim Adams. It's a timely article, and references the Malleus, so I thought I'd mention it here.] Behind the Badge: Treat kids to a safe Halloween Americans spend $6.9 billion annually on Halloween, which is second only to Christmas. I love Halloween, but [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...