An article posted to the Islands Business web site is worth a look. Islands Business International is a multimedia publishing company based in Suva, Fiji, and is the premier publishing group in the Pacific Islands region. Fiji is justly concerned that a fellow member country of the Pacific Islands Forum has a problem with people [...]
Archive | General Blog RSS feed for this section
After much consideration, we decided to go ahead and create a Twitter account. There are a lot of good reasons for and against it, but in the end we decided to do it because so many articles are coming out of Africa right now detailing attack after attack upon people suspected of witchcraft. It is [...]
Long time visitors to the web site may have noticed our recent redesign. We were way overdue for a makeover and decided that the web site needed to be much friendlier to mobile devices, so we knocked out two birds with one stone. We’re proud of the new design. It’s painfully straightforward and simple. But [...]
It always surprises us when people vent their anger over the Malleus Maleficarum at those of us involved with this web site. We understand that the Malleus is a disturbing work and that there are a lot of people who are still irritated over the Inquisition and The Burning Times. But the fact remains, we [...]
A rare copy of the medieval manuscript Invectives Against the Sect of Waldensians, which, alongside the later published Malleus Maleficarum, detailed how to recognize, question, torture and burn witches, is possibly being resurrected at the University of Alberta. The originally miscatalogued book is one of only four copies in the world, with the other three housed in libraries [...]
Between 1642 and 1693, at least 40 people in the colony of Connecticut were tried as witches. The historical record indicates that at least 10 of them were hanged. In 1647 the state hung a Windsor woman named Alse Young, who was the first accused witch executed in New England. Most of those who were [...]
After our many recent problems with Google, we wound up taking a closer look at Bing. I’d heard that Bing was getting its act together after a somewhat shaky start, and that a lot of the people who used Bing now swore by it. Since my primary business is helping clients build web sites and adapt to [...]
Our never-ending sparring with Google seems to be as problematic as ever. We mentioned on our Facebook page a week or so ago that we had noticed our web traffic at MalleusMaleficarum.org had suddenly plummeted. While none of our users reported any problems, you don’t just suddenly lose hundreds of daily visits without a reason. [...]
We’ve had some frustration of late with finding a mobile solution to accommodate those good folks who use the Malleus Maleficarum web site on mobile devices. The basic problem has been finding a decent theme that does everything we want it to do. So far the options have been between simple, utilitarian themes that function like they’re [...]
I try not to insert politics into the discussions here at the Malleus Maleficarum web site. People are passionate about what they believe, and it rarely goes well for anybody. But someone pointed out that a t-shirt we recently posted to the store could be perceived as a comment upon what some consider to be [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...