In a very entertaining article, author Richard Jeffrey Newman explores some of the issues and subject matter involved in the Malleus Maleficarum, using a contemporary example of a man who has lost his penis (to a witch) to get the article rolling, and following with a more serious discussion. I recommend it for a fresh perspective on [...]
Archive | Malleus In Culture RSS feed for this section
I stumbled across references in the Landover Baptist Church forums about the Malleus Maleficarum. If you’re not familiar with Landover Baptist Church, rest assured that it’s a parody of fundamentalist churches and the Religious Right. What makes this web site so poignant is that the issues that are parodied are often indistinguishable from the real [...]
by Ana the Imp She was no ordinary succubus. Late into the night Through cold, electric clouds She flew with broken wings On currents kindled by dreams. And finally, descending upon His yearning body, she whispered: “I’m late, my love, but tender is the morning.” I have before me my copy of the Malleus Maleficarum [...]
This is an interesting take on the Inquisition and the role of the Malleus Maleficarum at a blog titled “Diary of an Alien Life Form“. Whether or not you agree with it, the ideas presented make for some interesting conversation. It’s easy to forget that during the time of the Malleus Maleficarum and the Inquisition, [...]
National Geographic For the first time ever, an international investigation team joins forces to unravel the mysteries of the Malleus Maleficarum, or Hammer of Witches. Written in 1486, this infamous medieval manual changed the way the Western world saw evil. With detailed instructions on how to find, prosecute and punish witches, the Malleus inspired centuries [...]
[From an article by Cody Liska, featured in Insight Magazine, that mentions the Malleus Maleficarum] In a dimly lit cave, a sorority of witches stands around a bubbling cauldron, cackling as they await the witching hour. Their faces are lousy with sores and their breath putrid with death. Behind their abysmally black eyes, the devil [...]
I came across an interesting article on a Blog post, which cites the Malleus Maleficarum and author Carl Sagan, among other sources, to examine some of the issues behind the Malleus and the Inquisition. It makes for an interesting read. Excerpts; With no separation of Church or State (they were essentially one and the same) [...]
I came across a bizarre performance by the Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band in Mount Pleasant, North Carolina, titled “Malleus Maleficarum: The Witches’ Hammer”. It’s benign enough, except for the one part where a “witch” gets caught within a tightening circle, and then the band forms into something resembling a hammer. I’m sure nothing [...]
We’ve recently stumbled onto another way of perceiving the influence of the Malleus Maleficarum, by observing its position using Google’s Timeline. I highly recommend taking a look at the work through the prism of this Google tool. If nothing else, it shows us how many of the documents on the Internet that are related to [...]
[This article from the Sierra Times Herald in Arizona by police Lt. Jim Adams. It's a timely article, and references the Malleus, so I thought I'd mention it here.] Behind the Badge: Treat kids to a safe Halloween Americans spend $6.9 billion annually on Halloween, which is second only to Christmas. I love Halloween, but [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...