Daily Bhaskar: Gaya, Bihar, India – In an age when scientists have almost accurately discovered the God Particle that gave mass to all other particles, people are being beaten to death for practicing witchcraft. The residents of Karasan village have beaten up two people to death on Thursday for allegedly practicing witchcraft. According to reports in [...]
Archive | Witch Hunts In The News RSS feed for this section
Anyone who thinks witch hunts are a thing of the far distant past (like the Middle Ages) would do well to consider the example of Spiritualist Helen Duncan. She was found guilty in Britain of contravening section 4 of the Witchcraft Act of 1735 - in 1944! Campaigners looking to clear the name of Britain’s last convicted witch [...]
by William J. Mbangula Informante.web, Namibia 23 May 2012 The suspected rapist of a 16-year old albino girl was denied bail in Oshakati Magistrate Court on Monday, 21 May. After a tip-off from members of the community the accused, Jonas Mathias, known as Iingumu Netsali (44), from a village near Ongwediva was arrested by the [...]
Ranjita Basumatary does not look much like a witch. Outside her home in Udalguri, a dusty town set amid the sun-baked plains of India’s north-eastern state of Assam, she hangs a green gamosa scarf around your correspondent’s neck and invites him in for tea. Five years ago, in early 2007, Mrs Basumatary was driven from [...]
The 1,600 citizens of a Scottish village called Pittenweem, Fife, are taking part in a controversial “referendum” on whether they want a memorial to witches who were tortured and killed by vengeful mobs in the early 18th Century and where such a memorial should be. At least 26 “witches” were tortured and 18 of them [...]
from The Wild Hunt, Jason Pitzl-Waters The United States has a strong ethic of not interfering with the internal affairs of religious organizations. The recent unanimous Supreme Court decision affirming the right of “ministerial exception” sent a clear signal that our government is limited in what in can demand or regulate. In America, religious institutions [...]
It began with the trial and execution of an eight-year-old girl for witchcraft in the spring of 1630. Compelled to name others involved in an alleged nighttime dance with the devil in the town of Oberkirchen, the confession of young Christine Teipel sparked a wave of fingerpointing and subsequent trials. Within just three months, 58 people, [...]
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi authorities have executed a woman who had been convicted of practicing magic and sorcery. The Saudi Interior Ministry says in a statement the execution took place Monday, but gave no details on the woman’s crime. The London-based al-Hayat daily, however, quoted Abdullah al-Mohsen, chief of the religious police who arrested [...]
A Sudanese man has been beheaded in Saudi Arabia after being accused of sorcery and witchcraft, the country’s interior ministry confirmed on Monday. The man, Abdul Hamid bin Hussein Mostafa al-Fakki, had been arrested in 2005 and charged with “witchcraft” two years later. He was sentenced to death in the western city of Medina after [...]
Two men in Bhadrachalam, India, Vade Dharmaiah and Sunnam Magaiah of Vissapuram village, were burned alive in the late hours of Friday night, Sept. 9th, on suspicion that the two men were practicing witchcraft. According to reports, an elderly gentleman named Vade Pasaiah (80) died of old age on August 30th. Another person, Vade Mutaiah [...]
- World Condemns Murders As Papua New Guinea Seeks Answers May 16, 2013
- Glem Book and Driftmeyer May 13, 2013
- Malleus Maleficarum Joins Twitter April 8, 2013
- Rare 1582 Malleus Maleficarum – Frankfurt Printing April 6, 2013
- INDIA: A Mother and Her Son Burnt to Death for Practicing Witchcraft April 4, 2013
- General Comments July 9, 2008
- Do Christians Know About Malleus Maleficarum? About Inquisition? September 24, 2011
- Downloads June 30, 2008
- Nyamizi, Accused Witch, Has Hand Chopped Off October 2, 2012
- Village Plans Scotland’s First Official Memorial To Witches March 14, 2012
- A Teacher on Teaching: I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web si...
- Hingle McCringleberry: That still may have been too loud for the cat - Th...
- Hingle McCringleberry: Hello. I am here today to make a glorious thank yo...
- Current Events Thread - Page 5: [...] of cruelty upon others less able to defend t...
- Portia: Thank you for exposing this truth of 2013. Witc...